Monday, May 6, 2013

Whats for dinner today...???!!!


Pan seared chicken and Egg fried rice.





I sauteed a small onion, 6 cloves of chopped garlic, and about 5 or 6 baby portobello mushrooms in vegetable oil, then took them out of the pan. I dredged my chicken thighs in seasoned flour, and fried it on both sides just until they got a nice color on them. I put about 6 shakes of soy sauce, and about 1/2 a cup of chicken broth then put the lid on it. Let the chicken cook in the "sauce" adding more broth (a little a time) if needed. Cook until the center is no longer pink and add you onions, garlic and mushrooms, and let rest at least 5 minutes.
    




First I slightly under cooked my rice, then made sure it was dry before adding a half a can of carrots and peas. I beat two eggs then added them until all of the egg was cooked.

The chicken is moist and tender and the rice has just the right amount of flavor!!










No comments:

Post a Comment