Sunday, April 14, 2013

Dinner 4/14/13 Chicken Spaghetti!!!

The toughest choice I had to make today was deciding what to cook for dinner!! After working all morning (and the entire night before) I wanted something filling yet relatively quick.

I usually jump around in my mind from protein to protein and today was chicken. I remembered this dish being prepared by my sister for a family function...here's my rendition:

1.5-2 lb's thawed chicken meat (i used thighs)
1 can or veggies (i used stewed tomatoes)
      if u want to use fresh veggies use about a cup!! I ENCOURAGE fresh veggies!!!
1 small box spaghetti noodles
1 bag your favorite cheese/s (I chose Colby and mozzarella)
2 cans cream of chicken or mushroom...or one of each
A baking casserole dish big enough to fit it aallll in!!

FIRST THINGS FIRST!!
WASH YOUR HANDS!! 

Preheat your oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit


I boiled my chicken to cook in using garlic, onion, pepper red pepper flakes and salt to season. You'll want to cook the chicken until it reaches at least 165 degrees. Remember to save a little of the broth that comes off of it. While the chicken is boiling go ahead and get a large enough pot of water going for your pasta. I used spaghetti but if u like macaroni go ahead and make chicken goulash!! 

The thighs I used were boneless skinless so all i had to use were my kitchen scissors to chop the chicken into bite sized pieces. If you use chicken on a bone you should wait for the meat to cool down a little before handling. 

Cook your pasta to AL DEN TE (cooked to be still firm when bitten). FIRM DOESN'T MEAN CRUNCHY!!! Once your pasta is finished drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. 

Mix your pasta, your veggies (if fresh decide to either cook or leave raw...remember crunchy veggies are likely to still be crunchy without at least a quick blanch), the cans of soup and cheese all in one dish together finishing with cheese on top.

Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted. If you like a darker bubble on your cheese leave it in longer. 

And voila there's dinner! I got a box of store brand garlic toast and followed the instructions and now I'm full and going to bed! 

2 comments: